Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cupcake Nest

I had one little cupcake left over from a batch I’d made and while my daughter and her friend were decorating chocolate crispy nests and chocolate pretzel nests, I decided to try to make a cupcake nest.  I only had a green cupcake left but I would probably have used a vanilla or chocolate cupcake. 
March 2012 - 1 037
First I cut out the center.
March 2012 - 1 038
Then I piped a ring of icing around the edge so I’d have something for the sprinkles to stick to, and it would cover the green cupcake.
March 2012 - 1 040
I put flower and heart sprinkles around the edge, but you could use anything.  Then I filled the hollow in the cupcake with eggs and tried both the oreo truffle chicks on top.  I still think the brown eyed chick is cuter.
March 2012 - 1 046
My children all fought over who got to eat the cupcake nest, so it was obviously good.
March 2012 - 1 054

No comments:

Post a Comment