Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oreo Truffle Recipe

My Mother in Law always makes oreo truffles at Christmas and I love them.  I’m always looking for ways to make them year round.  The recipe is so simple and versatile that you can use it for everything from cake pops to dinosaur fossils and you can roll it, cut it or shape it almost any way you want. 
The Recipe
1 block of cream cheese
1 16-18oz pack of Oreos (store brand cheap ones work just as well)
Put the oreos in a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs.  Add the block of cream cheese and turn the food processor on high until the crumbs and the cream cheese form a lump.  Form the truffle mix into whatever shape you need.
Feb 2012 - 4 070Feb 2012 - 4 071Feb 2012 - 4 072Feb 2012 - 4 073Feb 2012 - 4 074
I like to make balls and insert lollipop sticks to make very rich cake pops.  The great thing about using this recipe rather than the proper cake pop recipe is you can freeze the truffle mix and then when you dip the balls in whatever coating you choose, it cools instantly and you don’t have to worry about drips or how to hold the pop while the coating dries.  You can also roll it out and then use mini cookie cutters to make toppers for cupcakes.  It really is such a versatile recipe and the truffles taste sooo good.
These are some of the things I’ve made from the truffle mix
Dinosaur Fossils
Feb 2012 - 4 087
Christmas Tree cupcake toppers
Dec 2010 - 2 038
Snowmen cupcake toppers
Dec 2010 - 2 040
Easter Chicks
March 2012 - 1 053

No comments:

Post a Comment