Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sheep Cupcakes

I grew up on a farm and sheep are my favorite animal.  Unfortunately I’m not so good at making sheep out of icing. I started off with a cupcake rough iced to look like grass.
March 2012 - 1 083
Then I covered an oreo truffle in white chocolate and placed it on the cupcake.
 March 2012 - 1 090
I’d had a long day and just wanted to be done with cupcakes (sometimes even I get to that point and I LOVE cupcakes), and so I was in a rush piping his legs.
March 2012 - 1 098
As you can see his front right leg is a bit deformed, but other than that, he was quite a sweet little sheep.  I only had one truffle ball left, so I couldn’t redo his leg without messing up the grass on the cupcake, so I just left him as he was.
March 2012 - 1 095
He looked fine from the other side with his funny leg obscured.  Once again I realized how many attempts the people who publish cake decorating books must have to make before they get the perfect cupcake design, I just don’t have the time to make 10 sheep and chose the best one.  I piped a ball of icing for his head and used a mini marshmallow cut in half for his ears and put some flowers around him.  The flowers are Wilton flower sprinkles I found at Joann and I piped a dot of icing in the center and put a white pearlized sprinkle in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment