Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Easter Cross Cupcake

I wanted to make a religious cupcake but with a pretty twist to it and I suddenly thought that tootsie rolls could be make to look just like crosses.
March 2012 - 1 083
I started off with a cupcake rough iced to look like grass and then I cut three tootsie rolls in half and stuck them together to make crosses.
March 2012 - 1 109
I made the center one slightly taller.
March 2012 - 1 110
Then to make it pretty, I added some flowers and the final touch was a butterfly on Jesus’ cross.
March 2012 - 1 111
Is it bad that my children loved eating the replica of the cross that Jesus died on?  Any thing that gets them to remember his sacrifice is good with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment