Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oreo Truffle Chicks

Make a batch of oreo truffles.  Roll the truffles into balls and leave in the freezer for at least 10-15 minutes.
March 2012 - 1 013
Melt some yellow candy coating and dip the cold truffle balls into it.  I put them on a spoon and roll them round.  Because the truffles are cold the candy sets almost immediately.
March 2012 - 1 019
Because chicks are fluffy the coating doesn’t need to be smooth, in fact it usually looks better if it’s a bit rough and ‘feathery’.
March 2012 - 1 028
I tried three different looks to see which was cutest and I liked the third one best.
March 2012 - 1 045
White eyes on a chick just look odd.
March 2012 - 1 052
This little chick looked the best to me, but he really needed bigger wings.  I can’t find big heart sprinkles in any color other than pink, but maybe I’m not looking hard enough. He’ll probably be the tastiest chick you’ll eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment