Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Valentine’s Day Cupcakes

I love Valentine’s Day and so after a break from baking after Christmas and setting up www.theicingangel.com, I was ready to create some Valentine’s treats.  I know my limits and creating some masterpiece is not what I’m good at, so I wanted to create cute cupcakes that were simple to decorate.  I used my trusty vanilla cake recipe (I’ll post that later) and added red food color to half the batch so they would be pink.
Jan 2012 - 1 108
I love seeing how you can transform a simple cupcake just with a swirl of icing.  I piped the icing using Wilton tip 2B which is available from Joann or any craft store.
Jan 2012 - 1 109
Then by adding a pretty cupcake case, it looks just a bit more special too.
Jan 2012 - 1 112
I had some hearts (which I never realized taste pretty yukky), and then I added pink and red sugar.  I preferred the way the pink sugar looked. I’m used to the original Love Hearts which were created in 1933 by Swizzles Matlow and are produced in the town where I went to school.  They actually taste pretty good.
Jan 2012 - 1 114Jan 2012 - 1 116Jan 2012 - 1 117
Then I added a Hershey’s kiss and more sugar.
 Jan 2012 - 1 119Jan 2012 - 1 144
I think the red Runts are supposed to be strawberries, but they look just like hearts and looked pretty with the red sugar.
Jan 2012 - 1 120
I had some heart shaped sprinkles left over from last year and I was really happy with the way they looked too.
Jan 2012 - 1 141
Although the designs were all very different they made a great Valentine’s display and a yummy dessert for a meal I was taking to friends who just had a baby.
Jan 2012 - 1 150

No comments:

Post a Comment