Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

Whoopie pies are something I'd never heard of before I moved to the USA and now they are definitely one of my favorite things to bake.  I've tried several recipes and this is my favorite recipe. It’s from Taste of Home which is one of my favorite magazines and websites.

We made them as teacher gifts for Christmas but with heart shaped sprinkles they make the perfect Valentine's Day treat too.



The filling a very sweet so don't put too much between the cookies, or the whoopie pies can be a bit sickly sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment