Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Giant Cookie

I’d never made a giant cookie before, but my step daughter requested one instead of a Birthday cake this year. 
Aug 2011 - 1 076
I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and just shaped the whole batch of cookie dough into a circle about 1/2 an inch thick.  I baked the cookie dough on a sheet of baking parchment, rather than just greasing the cookie sheet as I figured the weight of the cookie made it more likely to stick.  I baked it about for 12 minutes (about double the usual time for baking this cookie recipe) and then my step daughter decorated it.
Aug 2011 - 1 082
It turned out great and she was very happy with it.  I’d definitely make another giant cookie ‘cake’ as it was much less stressful than baking and decorating a regular Birthday cake!
Aug 2011 - 1 084

No comments:

Post a Comment