Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Super Easy Heart Shaped Brownie Desserts

I’ve tried so many from scratch brownie recipes, usually spending $5-10 on fancy chocolate, and not one recipe was ever better than the basic box of brownies.
jan feb 2012 002
Bake your favorite brownies and then use heart shaped cutters to cut hearts out of the brownie.
jan feb 2012 004jan feb 2012 005
For one dessert I melted 8 oz of chopped bittersweet chocolate with a cup of heavy whipping cream to make a ganache.
jan feb 2012 008jan feb 2012 011jan feb 2012 012
When the chocolate had melted in the cream I dipped the brownies in the ganache.  They tasted quite good but I would use semi sweet chocolate next time.
jan feb 2012 014
I cooked my husband a special meal for Valentine’s Day and as brownies are his favorite I cut them into hearts and sandwiched them together with heavy whipping cream that I’d whipped with a couple of tablespoons of sugar, but you could use Cool Whip.  I sprinkled them with hearts and it was a quick and very yummy dessert.
Feb 2012 - 1 099Feb 2012 - 1 100

No comments:

Post a Comment