Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Shower Cookies

I bought these adorable baby shower cookie cutters to try out for a friend’s shower.  I decorated them with some buttercream icing colors that I had left over from some other cookies I’d made.  Buttercream is always much harder to get professional looking results with, but it always tastes so good that I’m prepared to sacrifice looks for taste.
I loved the bear as I have the Wilton bear cake pan and I’ve used it for both my own baby showers, so it brings back happy memories. Whenever you ice anything furry it’s always easier as the icing doesn’t have to be smooth.
Feb 2012 - 2 028
The baby’s pram was harder but I just did what they had done on the box.  I feel that it needs a handle to push the pram with, so I may improvise.
Feb 2012 - 2 030
The onesie was easy to decorate and I could have make it fancier if I’d had more time.
Feb 2012 - 2 031
I thought the rocking horse would have been harder to ice but it was quite straight forward.  With more colors and more time these will be really cute shower cookies, but the bear was definitely my favorite.
Feb 2012 - 2 032Feb 2012 - 2 033

No comments:

Post a Comment