Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Girly Truck Crispy Treat

I’ve been asked to host a ‘transport’ themed workshop and I’ve been experimenting with different ideas.  I wanted to see if I could make a truck look girly as there will be girls as well as boys at the workshop.  I cut the truck out of crispy treats and coated it in white candy melts.  I dipped it and it would have been better if I’d brushed the candy melt on as it was quite uneven.
Feb 2012 - 2 015
By the time I’d iced the truck and filled it with it’s ‘cargo of coal’ (oreo crumbs), it looked a bit like a dump truck and it definitely looked like a girls truck.
Feb 2012 - 2 024
My daughter loved it and now we need to experiment with different girly cargos, such as flower sprinkles or pink candy.
Feb 2012 - 2 026

No comments:

Post a Comment