Icing Angel Parties

I'm Alison Woodall and I'm The Icing Angel. I host icing parties and workshops for children and this blog is where I share my latest baking projects. Check out www.theicingangel.com for details on how to book a party.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

School Bus Crispy Treats

I bought a whole lot of candy melts on sale a few weeks ago and on a whim bought some yellow ones, not really knowing what I’d do with them.  Then I was asked to host a ‘going to kindergarten’ party and suddenly thought maybe I could make a school bus out of crispy treats.
jan feb 2012 167
I don’t have a school bus cookie cutter so I had to modify a truck shape. I dipped the crispy treat in the candy melt and it didn’t cover very evenly.  It would definitely have been better to brush the candy on.
Feb 2012 - 2 016
The end result looked enough like a school bus for my 3 year old to know what it was, but it was quite hard to make, so I don’t think it would work for a kindergartener with no icing experience.  It was fun to try though.
Feb 2012 - 2 021

No comments:

Post a Comment